The Circuit Court for Calvert County, located in Prince Frederick, Maryland, is part of the Seventh Judicial Circuit, which also includes Charles, Prince George’s and Saint Mary’s Counties. It is a trial court of general jurisdiction, which handles juvenile and family law matters, as well as all major civil cases and serious criminal matters. The circuit court also has appellate jurisdiction over decisions of the district court and certain administrative agencies. In addition, it has full common law and equity powers and jurisdiction in all civil and criminal cases within the county, and all additional powers and jurisdiction conferred by the Constitution and by law, except where, by law, jurisdiction has been limited or conferred upon by another tribunal.
This website has been created to provide information that will allow you to conduct your business with the court in an expeditious manner.
Administrative Orders Pertaining to COVID-19
- Admin Order 22-03 Lifting Statewide Operations. March 2-2022.pdf
- 2022-03-28 Administrative Order Lifting the COVID 19 Health Emergency as to the Maryland Judiciary.pdf
- 2022-03-28 Final Administrative Order on Jury Trials and Grand Juries During the COVID-19 Emergency.pdf
- 2022-03-28 Final Administrative Order on the Emergency Tolling or Suspension of Statutes of Limitations and Statutory and Rules Deadline.pdf
- 2022-03-28 Final Amended Administrative Order on the Suspension During the COVID-19 Emergency of Foreclosures, Evictions, and Other Ejectments.pd
- 2022-03-28 Administrative Order on the Implementation of Remote Electronic Judicial Proceedings.pdf