The Circuit Court for Calvert County, located in Prince Frederick, Maryland, is part of the Seventh Judicial Circuit, which also includes Charles, Prince George’s and Saint Mary’s Counties. It is a trial court of general jurisdiction, which handles juvenile and family law matters, as well as all major civil cases and serious criminal matters. The circuit court also has appellate jurisdiction over decisions of the district court and certain administrative agencies. In addition, it has full common law and equity powers and jurisdiction in all civil and criminal cases within the county, and all additional powers and jurisdiction conferred by the Constitution and by law, except where, by law, jurisdiction has been limited or conferred upon by another tribunal.
This website has been created to provide information that will allow you to conduct your business with the court in an expeditious manner.
Administrative Orders Pertaining to COVID-19
- 2-2-21 First Amended Administrative Order on Case Time Standards and Related Reports for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021 in Light of The COVID-19 Eme
- 2021-05-24 Ninth Amended Administrative Order on the Suspension During the COVID-19 Emergency of Foreclosures Evictions and Other Ejectments Invo
- 2021-05-24 Eighth Administrative Order Clarifying COVID-19 Health Measures in Courthouses and Judicial Branch Facilities.pdf
- 2021-05-24 Second Amended Order Expanding Statewide Judiciary Operations in Light of the COVID-19 Emergency.pdf
- 2021-05-24 Third Amended Administrative Order on Lifting the Statewide Suspension of Jury Trials and Maintaining Grand Juries.pdf
- 2021-05-24 Ninth Revised Administrative Order on the Emergency Tolling or Suspension of Statues of Limitations and Statutory and Rules Deadlines.