Employee Recognition Committee
The purpose and mission of the Employee Recognition Committee (ERC) is to publicly recognize individual Calvert County employees for outstanding performance.
Below are some of the ways in which we show appreciation to our employees:
- Employee of the Month is an award acknowledges individual excellence for superior job performance and/or special individual efforts that go above and beyond the employee's normal job duties. Awardees will be recognized by the Board of County Commissioners during a scheduled televised hearing.
- The Team Excellence Award acknowledges employees who have excelled in a group setting and displayed cooperation and teamwork in support of a common goal or project, which has produced exemplary results.
- Pride & Quality Award recognizes those employees whose extraordinary efforts have produced significant and measurable cost savings to the county; and/or their efforts have resulted in greater efficiencies (time and/or cost saving measures, which will carry forward); and/or their job performance has resulted in positive public relations for the County.
- Cards for All Occasions will mail a personal greeting card to your co-worker!
- Hey, Someone Noticed! If you have a positive interaction with a co-worker or if you notice and employee doing something commendable and you want to recognize them for the way they do their job or assisted you in doing yours, the ERC provides a means to offer a small token of appreciation. Take this opportunity to say THANK YOU!
- ERC Scholarship
- About the Scholarship - This scholarship is open to graduating seniors whose parent(s) and/or guardian(s) are employed by Calvert County Government as an appointed, full-time merit, contract, grant or part-time (50% or more) employee. Calvert County Employees who are graduating high school seniors (one $750 award) also qualify to apply. (Those not currently employed are eligible if they were employed on or after July 1, 2022.
ERC meetings held the second Thursday of each month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at 30 Duke Street
Duke Room, Water & Sewerage, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
Open Meetings Statement
The Employee Recognition Committee complies with the Open Meetings Act by making the agendas and minutes available at Agendas and Minutes.