The Calvert County Department of Economic Development encourages local businesses to partake in procurement opportunities with the local, state and federal governments. Browse the listing at left for information on some of the agencies/organizations to contact.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) - U.S. Department of Transportation provides a wide range of assistance for the small business community
- U.S. General Services Administrators (GSA) - GSA helps communities and people with special needs, invests in the environment and helps the public learn about federal programs
- Federal Business Opportunities - Single point of entry for announcements of federal contract opportunities over $25,000; including both civilian and military agencies
- SBA Subcontracting Network - Identifies subcontract opportunities by reviewing the postings of prime contractors
- eMaryland Marketplace - State government procurement portal where state buyers can post procurement opportunities, receive real-time bids and make purchases online. Subscriber vendors can create business profiles, view and respond to bids and receive automatic email notifications for bid requests. You can browse alphabetical directory of vendors or Yellow Pages by service category.
- Maryland Business to Government (B2G) - The Maryland Department of Commerce's hub for business to government.
- Maryland Department of Budget and Management - Procurement Unit - The Procurement Unit validates the proper application of state procurement laws and regulations and the use of prudent business practices by executive branch agencies for the proper acquisition of services and information technology.
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) - The department has established, consistent with state law, an overall Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) to help minority businesses succeed.
- Maryland Governor's Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs - The Governor's Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs is responsible for coordinating the programs and operations of state government that promote or otherwise affect the establishment, strengthening and preservation of minority business enterprises.
- Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) - Provides marketing, contractual and technical assistance to Maryland small business owners who are interested in marketing their products and services to federal, state and local government agencies. Also trains businesses on how to do business and solve problems with government agencies through workshops and individual, one-on-one, counseling sessions.
- Maryland Stadium Authority - You can view current contracting opportunities, awards, and current and completed projects with project details. It also provides MBE and Small Business Reserve Program information and forms, contractor qualification forms and procurement policies and procedures.
- Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) - This website has been designed to provide contractors with information on highway construction projects and information on how to bid for these projects.
- Maryland Transportation Authority (MTA) - The authority operates the state's toll facilities. The website lists invitations to bid, bidding instructions, bid dates and pre-bid conferences.
- Calvert County Purchasing Office - The Calvert County Purchasing Office is responsible for procuring commodities and services required by Calvert County Government. The Department of Public Works, the Capital Projects Coordinator and the Purchasing Office administer the procurement of professional services and major construction for capital projects.
- Calvert County Public Schools Procurement Department - Procurement information for bids on construction, renovation and maintenance of Calvert County Public Schools.
- College of Southern Maryland Procurement & Business Services - The Procurement Department supports the campus community by acquiring goods and services through a centralized purchasing, receiving and vendor payment system.
- SBA Office of Women's Business Ownership (OWBO) - OWBO promotes the growth of women-owned businesses through programs that address business training and technical assistance and provide access to credit and capital, federal contracts and international trade opportunities.