You are not alone, help is available.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Phone: 1-800-273-8255 or text (sms:988) 988 The Lifeline provides 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- Crisis Text Line: Text "HOME" to 741741 This text-based service offers 24/7 crisis intervention via text messaging.
- Local Crisis Center: Phone: 1-877-467-5628 Calvert County Behavioral Health has a comprehensive crisis team available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, at Calvert County Health Department (975 Solomons Island Rd. North Prince Frederick) to provide immediate, crisis intervention and debriefing services.
- Suicide.org: Offers a wealth of information, including hotlines, resources, and support groups for individuals in crisis.
- Veterans Crisis Line: Phone: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1) Text: Text 838255 Crisis line providing specialized support for veterans and their families.
- BeThereForVeterans.com : Anonymous self-assessment tool that directs veterans to appropriate mental health resources based on their feelings, behaviors and targeted needs.
- The Trevor Project Lifeline: Phone: 1-866-488-7386 or Text "START" to 678678 This organization focuses on providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth.
- Lock2Live: This website shares resources and ideas related to safe firearm storage.
- National Association for Emergency Medical Teams (NAEMT): Offers resources and guides to support the mental and emotional wellness of paramedics and EMT’s.
- National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) First Responder Hotline: Phone: 1-888-731-3473 For volunteer members and their families, immediate assistance in a crisis moment as well as confidential counseling, resources, and referrals to assistance for a range of issues.
- Mental Health America (MHA): MHA offers resources for mental health support, including information about depression, anxiety, and suicide prevention.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): AFSP provides resources for understanding, preventing, and coping with suicide. They also organize events to raise awareness and funds for research.
- NAMI Helpline: Phone: 1-800-950-NAMI (1-800-950-6264) The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) offers support, information, and resources for individuals and families affected by mental health challenges.
- IMAlive: IMAlive provides online crisis chat services with trained volunteers who can offer emotional support and assistance.
Remember that if you or someone you know is in immediate danger or needs urgent assistance, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. These resources are here to provide support, information, and help, but they are not a substitute for professional medical or psychological care.